We are looking for a someone who is passionate about supporting carers to achieve permanency goal of children or young people; While attracting carers and continuing to grow an ongoing sense of support and community across the pool of carers in the area.
- Permanent Full or Part time role
- Flexibility for role to be based in Muswellbrook or Tamworth
- Work as part of a supportive team and organisation - Flexible and family friendly
- Access to clinical and practice support and training - Great career opportunities
As a Carer Engagement Worker you will be working as part of a designated therapeutic team providing specialist intervention and clinical support. You will be responsible for carer recruitment and ongoing engagement of relationships with carers and monitoring the quality of care being provided to children and young. A dynamic and diverse role, no 2 days will be the same and you will be responsible for;
- Continuing to build and maintain the carer pool supporting children and young people in the local Permanency Support Program, and ensuring they are supported in their care duties
- Facilitate carer assessment processes and ongoing placement maintenance and monitoring.
- Provide advice and support to carers, monitoring any needs for carer to undertaking training.
- Develop and facilitating training support for the Carer communities
- Lead and influence carer expectation and attitude re CYP outcomes in line with program intent and case plan directions
- Lead and undertake home safety and carer review processes and monitor progress of carer investigation processes
- Minimum 2 years experience working with children and families, within a trauma informed framework. Previous engagement with carers would be highly desirable.
- Tertiary qualifications in community services, social work or welfare (minimum diploma level)
- Good understanding of child protection and out-of-home care frameworks including knowledge of The Child Protection Act 1999;
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including report writing skills
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to create strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholder.
- Good presentation skills and be able to facilitate and present training. Holding a Cert IV in Training and Assessment or being willing to work towards is highly desirable
- Hold a full NSW drivers licences and WWCC
- Diverse role with support and resources you need to make a difference
- Salary packaging
- Internal access to clinical and practice support and training
- Above award renumeration package
- Flexible working arrangements and environment
- Work with a supportive and passionate team of therapeutic specialists
This role is advertised without a closing date, all applications will be reviewed as they are received so please send your application through A.S.A.P.