The Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation (SCF) is a young not-for-profit, established in late 2013 to fulfil an unmet need funding medical research into the rare childhood dementia, Sanfilippo Syndrome. It has directed almost AUD$5m across 24 research initiatives projects since inception.
They have an esteemed scientific advisory board and strong collaborative working relationships with sister organisations internationally. SCF does not want to be a “same same” organisation. They believe in the need to do things differently – but are well established and well governed.
Due to developments in their sector, SCF are seeking an energetic CEO to take their thriving “business as unusual” organisation to the next level. This is an opportunity to grow SCF’s international influence and develop and deliver truly innovative fundraising and research approaches. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop, adjust and execute the strategic plan in conjunction with the Board to enable the Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation to achieve its objectives
- Revenue generation - Oversee the revenue generation program, including fundraising activities and other revenue streams, from planning to implementation to evaluation.
- Research program management - Oversee the research program including competitive funding round and implementation of the Strategic Research Roadmap for Sanfilippo
- Partnerships & collaborations - Engage and align with partner organisations globally to achieve the strategic goals of the Foundation. Represent the Foundation as a key ambassador networking widely with partner, patient and supporter groups to establish and build on strategic relationships.
- a proven track record in either raising revenue, health or enabling research across the world
- cares about our cause
- has a “can-do” attitude and knows how to get things done
- is not afraid to take risks and try new things
- will bring good strong energy to the team
- has technical fluency and is interested in making the most of emerging technology
- is professional, creative, organised and efficient
- understands and respects the boundaries of the organisation (compliance etc.) but is also comfortable pushing them
- flexibility – workdays/hours, location
- breadth of role and the space to do your thing and try your big ideas
- the opportunity to be part of something wonderful and make your mark
- a supportive and progressive board who are not risk averse
- Opportunity to work 0.8 – 1.0 FTE
To apply for the role please upload your resume and a one-page cover letter explaining what you will bring to the opportunity via the APPLY button.
To request an information pack or if you have any questions please email Liska Turner at email@example.com
Closing date 13 September 2020. Successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
Beaumont People has been engaged to recruit this role. The Beaumont Charity team specialises in delivering expert and unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for Profit sector