Melanoma has been described as Australia’s National Cancer, with a high incidence by global standards.
The Australian Melanoma Research Foundation (AMRF) is a not-for-profit organisation with the mission to contribute to the prevention and treatment of melanoma in Australia by supporting several research programs aimed at advancing knowledge in the biological pathways leading to the development and spread of melanoma.
The Board is seeking a CEO with governance, advocacy, general business skills and fund-raising capabilities in the not-for-profit sector. You will forge partnerships with targeted sponsors and donors and lead the organisation through the next phase of its growth. You will also enhance the Foundation’s standing in advocacy through productive engagement with the health sector, the research sector, policy makers and with organisations representing the interests of melanoma patients and their families.
This role offers complete location and workplace flexibility and the opportunity for an experienced fundraising leader to step up into their first CEO role. The role is well suited to a person with the following skills:
- A knowledge and understanding of the not for profit sector in Australia with proven fundraising and marketing skills.
- Experience in digital fundraising platforms would be favourably regarded.
- Experience with CRM systems and databases.
- Ability to deliver donor relationships towards strategic initiatives that will strongly position the Foundation into the future.
- Ability to forge strategic partnerships that will build opportunities for growth and development of the Foundation.
- Business skills to manage a charitable organisation and ensure performance against goals.
- High levels of communication and negotiation skills.
Interested candidates should supply the following:
- Current resume
- A cover letter responding to the selection criteria above
Please upload your resume via the APPLY button.
To request an information pack or if you have any questions please email Liska Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 5th March 2021.
Applications will be assessed on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.