Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA)
The Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA) is a company limited by guarantee providing professional support and recognition to over 2,000 individual public relations and communications practitioners and more than 160 consultancies nation-wide.
As the national peak body, the PRIA is committed to ensuring the public relations and communication profession is strong, viable and viewed positively.
Note: This role can be based anywhere in Australia.
The PRIA is seeking an experienced executive to lead the organisation in delivering a national membership strategy, partnership/sponsorship program, professional development programs, networking and awards events, and ongoing member services.
This role drives the strategic, financial and operational planning and management of the PRIA, reporting to a National Board. A high level of commercial acumen and public representation capability, and experience in practical financial decision-making at an organisational level is required.
As the CEO you will be a highly organised professional all-rounder , with proven experience in managing a portfolio within a membership organisation or peak body, you will manage the day-to-day administration and leadership of the PRIA office and small secretariat.
This is a hands-on role supporting and representing the rights and interests of the public relations profession, its members and stakeholders. This role requires a strategic thinker who is driven by outcomes and results to coordinate and implement PRIA’s national membership strategy, financial and operational plans.
This role requires a confident and personable individual with strong business acumen and the ability to build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
You will be accountable for:
- Organisational leadership – operational and financial
- Member strategy and value proposition
- Sector improvement and reputation
- L&D, events and marketing
- Partnerships and sponsorships
- Executive support to BOD
- Previous CEO, Executive Director or other senior leadership experience, within the not-for-profit sector with a peak body organisation, membership association or similar
- Strong relationship building skills and expertise in working with, corporate organisations, individuals and community through, consultation and involvement in stakeholder groups
- Proven track record in leadership and operational management including understanding of governance issues, including board management
- An ability to plan strategically and think tactically
- Strong commercial acumen and financial skills
- Experience growing membership, including cultivation of new members and retention and stewardship of existing members
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and oral, and experience with public speaking
- Integrity and commitment to the highest standards of operations
- Proven ability to lead, manage and support the needs of a small team and contracted suppliers
To request a full position description and information pack please email Louise Roper, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications need to include a current resume and cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the job description and success profile. Closing date for applications is 9am, Tuesday 23rd March. Interviews will take place week commencing 5th and 12th April.
To submit an application please click APPLY (applications will not be accepted by email). Applications will be assessed on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview after the closing date.
Beaumont has been retained to recruit this position so please direct all enquiries to Beaumont People.