Australasian Sleep Association (ASA)
$120-150k + super + FBT
The Australasian Sleep Association (ASA) is the peak scientific body representing clinicians, scientists and researchers in the broad area of Sleep. They are keen to be recognised as the third pillar of health alongside diet and exercise, the association itself has three key focus areas:
- Education & Training
- Clinical Guidelines
The ASA are looking for a new CEO due to the retirement of their current incumbent after a successful and positive 20-year term.
You will be a hands-on Executive who enjoys engaging with a diverse range of health professionals whilst working collaboratively with the board of scientific sleep experts. You will be managing the day to day operations within a small team as well as being a strategic big picture thinker.
You will be responsible for 2 direct reports | Governance and Strategy | Finance | Operations
- Develop (in collaboration with the board) and deliver the strategic vision and plan
- Implement the roles and responsibilities of the Company Secretary including constitution terms, statutory reporting and compliance requirements
- Coordinate the production of the Annual Report
- Assist Board with government submissions
- Assist the President, the Board or Sub-Committees with special projects, meetings or initiatives
- Oversee the management of marketing, communication and events including the Annual Scientific Meeting
- Prepare annual budgets and financial reports
- Demonstrated operational and leadership experience as senior executive within the not for profit sector
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with a broad range of stakeholders
- High level leadership and management skills
- Demonstrative experience in delivering a strategic plan ideally within health
- Qualifications and/or experience in governance
- Good planning and organisational skills with attention to detail and ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Previous relevant experience in managing a membership-based organisation
To request a full position description and information pack please email Louise Roper on email@example.com.
Applications need to include a current resume and a cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the essential skills and criteria.
Applications close 9am on Thursday 19th September
To submit an application please click APPLY. Applications will be assessed on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview after the closing date. Beaumont has been retained to recruit this position so please direct all enquiries to Beaumont People.
Beaumont people specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.