Well loved children’s medical research charity has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Fundraiser to build, develop and own the Bequest program.
- Help make a difference in finding treatments for childhood diseases
- Real autonomy for a Mid Value, Major Gifts or Bequest Fundraiser
- Flexible working from home and from the office
This organisation was one of Australia’s first paediatric research facilities and is now one of the world’s most highly regarded medical research centres.
Research is vast including across the areas of birth defects,
cancer, neuroscience and gene therapy, to name a few.
About the role
This new and exciting role is responsible for both creating a Bequest strategy and the execution of the Bequests program, with a view to growing the pipeline and increasing Bequests year-on-year. The Bequest Manager will nurture and develop new and existing relationships, raising fundraising revenue through the
development and implementation of a targeted program, which identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards bequestors.
This role will offer real autonomy to set up and deliver the program in your own way, giving you the chance to take ownership of the program, whilst having the full support of and being part of a broader, successful Fundraising team.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Fundraising experience preferably within Mid Value, Major Gifts or Bequests
- Success securing gifts or supporting a Fundraising team in the solicitation of gifts
- Exceptional relationship management and stewardship skills and the ability build personable, meaningful relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong presentation skills and confidence public speaking
- Well developed marketing, communication and fundraising skills
- High level organisation and planning skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- High levels of empathy and compassion and a passion for working in the sector
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf of the client, therefore please direct all enquiries to Rosheen Singh at Beaumont People on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9093 4911.