Garvan Research Foundation is the marketing and fundraising arm of the Garvan Institute of Medical Research and provides financial support to the Institute's medical research programs.
The fundraising activities allow Garvan's scientists to continue contributing to knowledge which will ultimately lead to earlier diagnosis, better disease management, new therapies and prevention or cure of a range of diseases.
DONOR RELATIONS COORDINATOR
The Donor Relations Coordinator is an integral part of the fundraising and Philanthropy Team within the Garvan Research Foundation. This support role focuses on the specialised area of future bequest giving to the Garvan Institute of Medical Research alongside other specialist areas of fundraising such high value donors, trusts and foundations.
The Donor Relations Coordinator has a strong donor care and customer service focus, and entails supporting the Bequest Manager across the whole bequest ‘value chain’ from identification of prospects, through to conversion, acknowledgement and retention over what can be a significant number of years. This role enjoys daily contact with friendly and motivated donors via phone calls, letter, laboratory tours and special events. The successful candidate will be joining a welcoming and well respected team within the Garvan Institute.
- Provide exceptional customer service and relationship management of all Donors, Partners for the Future, Bequest Prospects, visitors and special guests
- Assist with coordination and implementation of yearly strategic plans
- Assist with special projects and new initiatives to acquire new prospects or third-party referrals
- Assist in the delivery of the Bequest Program’s special events, tours and other engagement activities
- Attend and assist at Foundation functions, such as, Public Seminars and Tours, external presentations, high value donor events, morning teas, laboratory tours with Partners for the Future and Bequest Prospects
- Assist in the cultivation of all relationships through the overall nurturing program of engagement
- Maintenance of detailed and accurate prospect records and profiles
- Assist with research to identify new prospects
- Respond to all bequest giving enquiries in a timely, professional and sensitive manner
- Assist with both individual mailings and internally managed ‘mass’ direct mail
- Facilitate the retention of all relationships with existing Partners for the Future through an overall nurturing program of engagement, including but not limited to: thankyou phone calls, personalised written thank you’s on receipts and more
- Maintenance of the Honour Board in the Galleria as related to the Bequest Program, ordering new and replacing plaques
- Assist in the coordination and administration of the Estates Management
- Maintain the highest level of privacy and confidentiality as related to all aspects of the role
Skills & Attributes
- Kind, patient, friendly, positive, empathetic
- Administration excellence and confidence
- Excellent customer service
- Exceptional attention to detail
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont People Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont People NFP specialise in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector.