Behaviour Support Practitioner
Main Responsibilities :-
- Provide therapy services to adults with sensory disability such as autism spectrum disorders, intellectual, physical disabilities and other complex needs (under supervision as required).
- Works with the client and families to identify clients’ strengths, skills and goal
- Identify barriers that may restrict the clients’ physical, emotional, cognitive and/or social development, wellbeing or participation.
- Use appropriate assessment tools and methods to assess strengths, skills and areas of development in collaboration with the client
- Analyse and interpret assessment findings and client’s priorities to develop appropriate interventions in collaboration with other team members
- Develop Behaviour Support Plans.
- Provide ongoing evaluation of therapy interventions and client priorities and adapt intervention accordingly.
To be suitable for this role you will have:-
- Tertiary qualifications in allied health- psychology
- Registration with Psychology Board of Australia / or the relevant professional association
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience delivering evidence-based therapy services to adults with a disability.
- Advanced understanding of relevant evidence-based assessment and interventions for adults with a disability and demonstrated ability to assess, plan and monitor intervention.
- NDIS experience preferred.
This role is advertised without a closing date, all applications will be reviewed on receipt so please send your application ASAP if you are interested in this role.
If this sounds like the role for you please click ‘APPLY’ to send your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your experience and reason for application addressed to Sadie Kelly or email your application to Sadie@beaumontpeople.com.au. Please feel free to call to discuss on 02 9093 4911