Our client is an innovative and specialist provider of Out of Home Care services, with a vision for creating better and safer futures for children and young people involved in the OOHC system across NSW. Passionate leaders in the field of therapeutic, trauma and attachment informed services we are looking for an experience Manager to join the team based in Sydney's Inner West.
Main responsibilities in the role will include:
- Establish, implement and maintain systems and processes to ensure legislative compliance
- Provide support to young people in care in preparation for existing formal care
- Measure and report outcomes for young people
- Support the development of new initiatives
- Undertake recruitment, assessment and support of volunteers to support young people
- Provide after hours support as required
- Conduct assessments of young people preparing to exit formal care
- Follow up and support young people in aftercare of community placements
- Provide casework support
- Maintain electronic and paper based records required to meet audit standards
- Provide advocacy for children and young people as necessary
- Degree in social or welfare work or related discipline
- Ability to deliver quality care in line with therapeutic principles
- Significant casework experience with children, foster carers, young people
- Highly developed report writing, assessment and analytical skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated understanding of children and young people and impact of trauma and abuse
- A clear understanding of issues surrounding child protection and OOHC legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of current issues in the residential care and child protection sector
- Willingness to take part in rostered on-call
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence with access to comprehensively insured vehicle
- Have a valid Working with Children Check
- Current police check
- First Aid Certificate
This is interesting and rewarding role that will see you working as part of a leading and specialist services making a significant difference to vulnerable children and young people within the OOHC system.
You will be joining an organisation that is committed to providing work / life balance, professional development opportunities and a collaborative and inspiring culture to work within.
If this sounds like the role for you please click APPLY to send your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience and reason for application addressed to Kelli-Ann Sives or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to call to discuss on 02 9279 2777.
There is no closing date for this role. All applications will be reviewed on receipt so please send your application ASAP if you are interested in this role.