- Based in the Melbourne CBD
- Immediate start, 2-month temporary role
- $27-30/hr + super
This person is responsible for helping current student secure placements/Internships with respective employers as part of their studies.
The key responsibilities include;
- Liaising with a range of Schools for the placement of student requiring a placement in their course
- Allocating placements in a timely manner for students in accordance with their course map
- Liaising with supervising teachers to fulfil the requirements for practicum as outlined in course and accreditation policies and guidelines
- Act as the first point of contact regarding placement for students and schools / agencies experiencing problems with placed students
- Ensure supervision arrangements are in place for placements and maintain databases to ensure requirements are met and accuracy of data
- Undertake establishment and allocation of practicum placements with external agencies; liaise with professional sites to fulfil the requirements of community experience programs as outlined in University policy and guidelines
- Collect reports for each placement and prepare reports for academic coordinators
- Provide general administrative support, as required. This may include assistance with Open day and professional transition programs
The ideal candidate will have experience within student placements or student recruitment with a positive attitude towards work.
Key experience and qualifications include;
- Demonstrated high level understanding of placements, and the capacity to gain skills in University software
- High attention to detail and accuracy with regard to correspondence and database maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to analyse information and provide solutions
- An ability to take personal accountability for achieving high quality outcomes, keeping stakeholder interests at the core of business decisions to achieve organisational objectives
- Previous experience in a similar role; either in placements or student recruitment
- Knowledge of procedures and operation in a tertiary institution
- Ability to communicate clearly and thoroughly with all levels of stakeholders
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested, please do submit your resume below.