The Sydney Mechanic’s School of Arts is the oldest operating School of Arts in Australia. It operates the longest-running lending library in Australia and offers a robust public program of talks, readings, seminars and screenings covering topics in health, music, history, mystery and crime novels, poetry, travel, science and current affairs. They also offer venue and room hire to its members.
About the role
SMSA are looking for a proactive administrator with a can-do attitude to support the CEO/Secretary as well as the greater team. This role is hybrid and will include exposure to various areas including events, membership and marketing. You will be responsible for providing professional and efficient administration support within a small and collaborative team.
About the person
The ideal candidate for this role will have a small business, can-do attitude, willing and capable to support all functions of the business. You must be confident to work autonomously and be adaptable. This is a great opportunity to learn from a professional and personable leader.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Events administration including setting up and closing events
- Support the preparation of agendas and minutes
- Provide administrative support to the team
- Manage office/kitchen supplies and arrange deliveries/couriers
- Upload and update member details ensuring accuracy of data
- Support the promotion of the events through marketing duties including website management
To be successful you will have:
- Excellent customer service and administration skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task and prioritise
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and WordPress
If you have a personable attitude and would like to develop your career within a small collaborative supportive team, APPLY now! Alternatively, call Kristina on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
This position is for Australian residents and citizens only. Please do not apply if you are on a working holiday visa.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.