- Full-time permanent role, immediately available
- Based in Wollongong
- Work for a highly respected organisation – Housing Trust
About the organisation
The vision of the Housing Trust is a decent home for everyone. They do this by building, managing, and maintaining over 1,100 homes which provide safe and affordable rental housing for more than 2,000 people. As a Tier 1 nationally registered Community Housing Provider they have been serving the Illawarra community since 1983.
They are passionate about their tenants’ needs and work with them to build vibrant, inclusive communities. They ensure tenants are connected to support services if they need them. They are proud of their track record with a tenant satisfaction score of 88%, well above industry benchmarks, and proud of their culture where 96% of their people recommended HT as a great place to work in a recent engagement survey.
About the role
The Accounts Officer will report into the Finance Manager – the main focus of the role will be to provide accurate and timely Accounts Receivable processing and reporting.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- End to end data processing of accounts receivable including all tenant rent payments
- Data processing for water recharging and related invoicing
- Complete daily Bank Reconciliations
- Investigate and or escalate any discrepancies to ensure accuracy of accounts
- Assist staff with accounts enquiries, and assist in monitoring and actioning Service Requests
- Assist the Accounts Payable Officer as needed
- Ad hoc accounting and or administrative functions as required such as preparing reports, data entry and banking as required by the Finance Manager
To be successful you will have:
- Previous experience in an Accounts Receivable role
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting/Bookkeeping or Finance
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Initiative to contribute to the continuous improvement of the organisation and strong organisational skills
- The ability to communicate well, both spoken and written, and time management is key
- Maintain effective, professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a great organisation; send your application in as soon as possible as we assess each application as it comes in.
Please apply directly to the role with your resume and cover letter outlining your reason for application, addressed to Diana Linde at Beaumont People. If you have any further questions, please contact Diana Linde (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Beaumont People.
Beaumont People has been retained to recruit this position on behalf of Housing Trust. All enquiries must be submitted directly to Beaumont People.