Are you an Aboriginal person with experience in the community development and child and family sector? Then this might be the role for you!
Beaumont people are looking for 2 Aboriginal Project Officers to work with a NFP that delivers meaningful and effective services for Aboriginal children and families.
Based in the inner west, this is a fulltime short-term contract to end of June 2020, with possibly of extension.
The Aboriginal Project Officer will work as part of a small and supportive team where you will be responsible for running a number of projects focusing on community development and building the practice and capacity of agencies across the state. Ensuring child protection and out of home care requirements are met to a high and effective standard and meet the needs of Aboriginal children, family and communities.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues facing Aboriginal families in the delivery of quality services to meet outcomes for children in a sustainable and viable way
- Knowledge of the child protection and OOHC systems and policy.
- Be a strong communicator with excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills and have the ability to address and negotiate sensitive matters
- Highly organised and able to manage a number of projects at the same time.
- Have excellent documentation and written skills to be able to provide reports to inform continuous improvement
- Be passionate about building capacity for organisations, staff working in the sector and for Aboriginal children, families and community.
- Ideally be available to start in 2 weeks time.
- Tertiary qualification in human services or or a minimum of three years' experience performing a similar role
For more information, please get in touch with Chloe on 02 9279 2777 or email email@example.com.